Sunday, July 29, 2012

Not so Funday Sunday

I am not referencing today (Sunday) as my not Funday Sunday, but rather last Sunday.


I was telling my mom about what happened last Sunday, and she said I should blog about it. I have debated about whether to write about it all week, as it involves Troy and me arguing, but here goes.

Last Sunday, Troy convinced me that I should ride in the car to run errands and get some lunch. In my gut I was thinking, hmmmmm the girls need to eat, Charli is tired, and I can't even remember the last time I showered? Sorry :)But nonetheless I decided I would go...I should have stayed at home....here is why

First, Charli is complaining that she is hungry in the back seat and wants crackers. Not the "Chips" we already have on hand in the car, but "crackers!!!" We pull over at gas station and get her some crackers on our way to Walmart.

Yes, she is spoiled to the core!

Then, Troy says, "I'm just gonna run into Walmart return this and I will be right back." (I should have known better at this point) I get on my phone eager to enjoy some Facebook updates, and then Josi starts to cry, then Libbi and I realize it is time to eat.

I crawl into the back seat, get out their bottles and start feeding them on a 5 inch wide seat. While I am feeding them I get instructed to "MOVE!!!!" by Miss Diva Charli Kay, because my large head is blocking her view of Tangled on the DVD player. So I then, tilt my head in order for her to be able to view her movie and eat the "crackers" we made a special stop for. (Anything to keep me from having 3 screamers!)


While I am sitting there, I realize that both Libbi and Josi are pooping. In my head I am thinking. "WTF!!! Troy gets to go into Walmart with no children, and I am stuck in a poop-smelled van with a bossy two year old and two hungry babies! What in the world is taking so long?!" and why in the heck did I say yes to coming along for this torture-fest!


Then as I get them changed, fed, back into their carseats (All doing this in the back seat of a van), I start to get more and more angry and I don't even know why? I think "Would Troy be doing this?" No, he would have called me and told me to come out. "Would Troy be sitting on a 5 inch seat?" "Would Troy be tilting his head so Queen ChaCha can see her show?" NO and NO!

As I sat there, arms going numb from holding bottles, I really got worked up.


Then finally Troy gets back to the van. And, what did I do or say? Well I didn't say anything at first. Then when he explained how he picked up some Hot Dog buns, I just couldn't resist. I almost screamed it but I didn't when I said, "I should have just stayed home!!!"

Then of course, I am a total freak who just bit his head off, and he doesn't even know the events that just took place, besides me almost throwing the poopy diapers at him to throw away when he got back to the car 40 minutes later.

So, to make a long story longer we were mad at one another.

We headed to get lunch, and while driving on Camp Bowie we were literally almost killed by a lady in a Mercedes SUV who didn't realize she couldn't turn but decided to turn anyways. Fortunately, Troy was able to swerve into a parking lot and saved us from a horrible accident. At that point, we looked at each other and both apologized. Some things mean nothing when you realize that your whole family could be taken away in a heartbeat.


I am so thankful to be a mommy and a wife to a wonderful man. Yes, there are times when I am changing diapers and cramped in the back seat that I think I would rather be the man that gets to go in Walmart, instead of the mom that sacrifices for the sake of getting out of the house. But, I think we all make sacrifices ALL THE TIME in order to be parents, I think it is God's way of showing us the sacrifice he has made for us. When I think about His ultimate sacrifice, I am so thankful for my family and my Faith.



And next time, I will know better than to think anyone can just "run" in Walmart! I'll be staying at home!

On a side note:

Anyone who has twins or 3 children under 3 must purchase a Toyota Sienna it is the best car for multiples! I love my Swagger Wagon. It is dorky, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I cannot imagine even being able to leave the house comfortably without it, or being able to tend to the twins and Charli in other type of car. It is awesome! I love pushing a button and the doors open, and having the all the room! It will be so fun when we take out first road trip. Plus it handled great when Troy had to save our lives that day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment