Monday, January 6, 2014

Artwork on a budget!

So after we bought the new couches we needed an easy, large, and CHEAP piece of artwork to balance out the wall color and the couch color.

Here is my solution that costs about $35-40 total: Cheap Buffalo Art
It took one Saturday night after the kids went to sleep to complete so about 2-3 hours.



Here was my solution:

Step 1: Buy 3- 24"x 24"x 1" Plywood boards. I got these at my local Home Depot for about $8 each.


Step 2: Paint them using whatever leftover paint you have! Here I used a small "sample" container of Behr Cottage White.

Step 2: Draw a template to create a stencil (I didn't want them all exactly the same but I did want them to be close to the same size.)


Step 3: Carefully use an Exacto or razor blade to cut over your pencil lines.(Use caution!)


Step 4: Use a pencil to trace the image onto your painted boards.


Step 5: Next, use a small brush (I used my daughter's Crayola paint brush and leftover Rust-Oleum black enamel to paint the design on. Don't get too perfect the imperfections make it ART!!!!!


Step 6: Paint the edges of the board black or any contrasting color!

Last....attach a picture hanging kit. I got mine at Home Depot.

AND....here it is the final project! I was skeptical at first until we hung them all up! Now both my husband and I love them. Charli even says the buffalo are like her and her two sisters! So cute.




I don't know why I love them so much! But I do! You could do so many other designs or images! They are not perfect by any means but they do the job and the nice thing is you can repaint them and change them if needed!

Happy Painting!






No comments:

Post a Comment