Thursday, January 2, 2014

Disney Movie "Up" Inspired Birthday Party

For the twins' first birthday I chose to do Disney's "Up" as the theme. I personally love this movie myself and let's face it moms we get to choose the first 2 birthday party ideas anyways so why not indulge in what we like!



I started about a month in advance searching the Target "Dollar Spot" for those seasonal mailboxes they carry. I was lucky to score just enough for the amount of party-kiddos. So I snatched them up.

I didn't know yet what I would store inside but did some Pinter-searching and some brainstorming and created some "Snipe-Food" and bought Hershey bars since Snipes eat chocolate! I then wrapped them with simple copy-paper that I created a Snipe-Food label on. It's amazing what you can do on PowerPoint with some simple dimensions, googling some movie clip art, and adding word art over the top. I can post instructions if someone comments.


I made the Up Party invitations on PowerPoint too! So easy and saves you a ton of money!!!!!!! Just cut and use store bought envelopes.



I bought kid's 3D movie glasses on Ebay for $5 and then popped the lenses out to create the "Up" eye glasses.

I used acrylic paint to paint the names on the mailboxes, but in retrospect I think colored Sharpies would do the trick.


As you can see it's inexpensive, simple and I think really cute!

The Up party-favors were placed on my entry way table with a sign I cut and made out of paper-bags. You simply cut the triangles all the same size, hole punch the corners, and use a black Sharpie to write, "Spirit of Adventure" on the flags. I borrowed my classroom globes and brought them home as party decorations!



Of course for the movie "Up" lots of BALLOONS are essential so I ordered 3 dozen multi-colored.

I used my daughter's quilt to be the table cloth which goes along with the "Up" picnic scenes. I also used Dollar Tree green plastic Easter grass and silver metallic tinsel to fill the vases in the dining room. I used left over balloons to blow-up and create my table-scape.

I also used an old map I found in my classroom from the teacher before me to back-drop the twins' eating table.



Again, my cake-lady did a fabulous job:



A teacher friend of mine made the twins' shirts she has an Etsy page and she is SUPER creative!!!!!

Her shop on Etsy is KellyPaige Creations! www.etsy.com/shop/KeLLYPAiGECreations
Kelly Paige Creations


Here are some pictures from the party! It was a beautiful day filled with family and friends! We are truly blessed!!!!



P.S. I love Troy's face while he is holding the twin's while I open up presents. This is the most stressful part of birthdays for one year olds and it truly ends up in the mom sweating her butt off to open presents while wrestling the children to try to get them to open them up! Troy had to help me corral the girls this year!!! and you can tell he is enjoying himself huh? :)

Happy Party Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment