Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Charli's 4th Little Mermaid Birthday Party!




Charli just celebrated the big 4! She has wanted a Little Mermaid birthday party for almost a year now!

Invitations: Of course I went with PowerPoint! So simple and cheap! Just requires some heavy weight paper or card stock and a good ink cartridge:



Decor:

I tried to really maintain a good budget this year and went to Dollar Tree about a week before the party to brainstorm and buy decorations.

I got some red feather boas and lots of green crepe paper to create a whimsy sea weed effect on the chandeliers:





I think the chandeliers turned out great and they were super simple to wrap and hang. I crinkled the green crepe paper by hand before breaking it into pieces and draping it over the fixture.

I also saved money by roaming the aisles of Dollar Tree to find the best party favors ever!!!!!

They go from this:


To this!

I used a similar template from the party invitations and printed on regular paper, contrasting the characters and colors for the boys' cups. Then cut them and inserted into the cups! Voila!!!! The easiest $1 party favor ever! I may even do the same thing for the twins' party! And as a parent you can never have too many cups on hand.

The cake again from my favorite cake lady!


For my table scape I use some old glass vases and just put in some shells (I had them already in my hallway closet so no cost there....Score!) and then placed forks in them as "Dinglehoppers" from the movie! (I just used our everyday forks....Double Score!)

We picked up 12 red and 12 turquoise balloons, some yummy pizza, and ice cream cups and called it a success!

I think it was a wonderful day!

Charli, will also have this birthday party to remember her fractured collarbone as evidence from the sling she is wearing. About 2.5 weeks ago she was playing at my mother-in-law's and fell off a bench. She had a small fracture, but has been such a trooper and followed all of Dr. Mercer's orders so she is doing great!

Here are some pictures from the wonderful day!:




No comments:

Post a Comment